- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 10 mixed boiled /glucose sweets (foxes glacier mints)
- 100g white chocolate (melted)
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until creamy and pale.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Finally add the flour & cinnamon and combine.
- Wrap this dough in cling-film and chill for one hour.
- Once rested, on a floured surface roll out and cut into desired Christmas shapes.
- Taking a small similar cutter, cut out the centre of each cookie and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Place the boiled sweets in a bag and crush using a rolling pin. Sprinkle these into the centre of each cookie and place in a preheated oven set at 165C and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the oven allow to cool on the tray.
- Decorate with piped melted white chocolate.
- Shelf life: Can keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container.