Prep: 30 mins
- 230g dark chocolate
- 160ml single cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 125g white chocolate
- Fondant icing for holly & berries
- Place the chocolate, cream, vanilla & butter in a bowl over a pot of gently simmering water and stir until the ingredients are melted and combined.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once cold & set using a dessert spoon, scoop out 12 balls and roll between the palm of your hands to give you a smooth ball. Return to the fridge until needed.
- In a bowl over simmering water, melt the white chocolate and set aside.
- For the holly & berries, dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll out some green fondant icing. Using a holly cutter or a small knife, cut out the holly leaf and place on a lined tray. For the berries, simply roll some red fondant icing into small balls and leave to firm up with the leaves.
- Spoon some of the melted white chocolate over the truffle and place two holly leaves and three berries on top.
- These are best kept cool until needed.