Guinness treacle bread
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 60g plain flour
- 1 tsp bread soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g treacle
- 60g porridge oats
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 30g butter
- 100ml Guinness
- 200ml milk
- 1 tbsp porridge to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
- Grease and dust a 2lb loaf tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and treacle and melt in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
- Into a bowl, mix the melted treacle and butter with the remaining wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- To this add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, sprinkle some porridge oats on top.
- Place in into the preheated oven and bake for 50 mins.
- Once baked, carefully remove from the tin and pop on a wire rack to cool.