Prep time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g self raising flour
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash vanilla
- 15ml hot water
- 250g Nutella
- 150ml double cream
- dash vanilla
- 120g mascarpone
- 120g dark chocolate
- 85ml single cream
- 150g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- For the Swiss Roll, preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan.
- Line a 9” x 12” baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your Kenwood stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, vanilla and sugar at full speed for 5 minutes until thick and pale in colour.
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder and with a spatula, fold this through gently to retain the air.
- Finally add the boiling water and mix through.
- Pour this batter onto the lined tray and place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Once baked, carefully turn the cooked sponge onto a sugared sheet of parchment paper.
- Slowly peel off the parchment paper that the sponge was baked on.
- From the short end, roll the Swiss roll sponge up with the new sugared parchment paper in the center, this will stop it from sticking together as it cools.
- For the cream filling, in the bowl of your Kenwood mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the cream, vanilla and mascarpone until thick. Keep chilled until needed.
- To make the ganache coating, simply place the chocolate and cream into a bowl and gently melt in the microwave until chocolate is melted and combined.
- To assemble, carefully unroll the sponge.
- Heat the Nutella in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until it softens up.
- Spread the Nutella over the unrolled sponge.
- Next, spread on the whipped cream filling and spread evenly.
- Again, going from the short end, reroll the Swiss Roll.
- Place it on a lined baking tray and using a pallet knife, spread on the chocolate coating to completely cover the roll.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on the chopped toasted hazelnuts.
- Pop back into the fridge until you plan on serving.