Lemon Blueberry Loaf
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 70 mins
- 225g butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 large Bord Bia Quality Assured Irish eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 lemon, zest
- 250g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g fresh blueberries
- 125g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Grease & line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment. Set aside.
- Into a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until soft.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix between each addition.
- To this, add the vanilla and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this to the mix and fold through.
- Keep a handful of blueberries back to sprinkle on top of the loaf and mix the remaining berries in a tablespoon of flour and fold these through the batter.
- Spoon this into the prepared tin and sprinkle the reserved blueberries on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove and allow to cool.
- To make the icing, simply mix the icing sugar with lemon juice and drizzle over the cooled loaf.