Pesto chicken chorizo parcels
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
350g cooked chicken
75g cooked chorizo
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
Salt & pepper
1 x 270g pack filo pastry
150g butter, melted
• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
• Into a bowl, add the sliced chicken, diced chorizo, pesto, mascarpone and thyme. Mix to combine.
• Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
• Unroll the filo and cut in half, you will need 12 x 9” squares of pastry.
• Take a single sheet of pastry, place it on your work surface and brush with melted butter, place another sheet on top and brush this with butter.
• Spoon some of the chicken mix (approx 100g) into the centre of the filo and then gather up the outsides and scrunch them together to seal it inside. It should resemble a parcel.
• Continue until you have 6 parcels.
• Pop these onto the lined tray and brush them with melted butter and place them into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the filling is hot and the pastry is crispy and golden brown.
• Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
• These parcels are delicious served with a dressed garden salad.