200g digestive biscuit
100g butter melted
600g full fat cream cheese
dash vanilla extract
100g icing sugar
300ml double cream
2 medium egg whites (Butlers Organic Eggs)
50g caster sugar
50 icing sugar
1 tsp cornflour
few drops vanilla
1 tbsp honey
Edible flowers (optional)
• For the meringues, Preheat your oven to 100C.
• In a clean dry bowl, whisk the whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks are reached.
• Gradually start to add the caster sugar and whisk until thick.
• To this add the vanilla, icing sugar and cornflour.
• Whisk until thick and glossy.
• Spoon this meringue into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe mini meringue kisses onto a lined baking tray.
• Pop these into the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
• Once the hour is up, switch the oven off and leave the meringues to cool inside.
• Once cooled, remove and set aside until needed.
• For the cheesecake, line the base of a 8” round loose bottom cake tin.
• Blitz the biscuits and mix these with the melted butter.
• Press this mix into the base of the cheesecake tin and chill for 10 minutes.
• For the filling, whisk the double cream until it begins to thicken and set aside.
• In another bowl, add the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla and whisk until thick and combined.
• To this fold in the whipped cream. The mixture should be a thick consistency, test it by scooping some mix onto a spoon and turning this upside down, the mix should stay on the spoon.
• If too soft, whisk to thicken.
• Spoon this mix into the prepared tin and press down and smooth out the top.
• This will need to firm up overnight in the fridge.
• The following day, for the grilled peaches, cut your peaches in half and remove the stone.
• Drizzle with the honey and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
• Pop the peaches onto a hot griddle to give a charred effect.
• To remove the cheesecake, warm a sharp knife in hot water, dry it off and carefully run the knife around the edge of the tin. Keep cheesecake chilled until needed.
• To serve, top the cheesecake with the meringue kisses, cooled grilled peaches, strawberries and finish with a pop of colour with the basil and edible flowers.
• Only garnish your cheesecake with all these delicious toppings when you are ready to serve.
Top tip: Keep back any of the honey & peach liquid after marinating as it’s delicious drizzled over your slice.