Blackberry Almond Crumble Cake
Prep time: 30 mins
Baking time: 60 mins
60g plain flour
40g cold butter
30g caster sugar
30g flaked almonds
185g butter, room temp
185g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
185g self raising flour
75g ground almonds
50g sour cream
250g fresh blackberries
• For the crumble mix, add the flour, butter & sugar into a bowl and with your fingertips, mix until you reach a sandy texture.
• Add the almonds, mix and set aside until needed.
• For the cake, preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan.
• Line the base of a 8” round loose bottom cake tin with parchment paper.
• Grease and dust the tin and set aside.
• For the cake batter, into your mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the blackberries and mix until smooth.
• Spoon this cake batter into the prepared tins and level out.
• Sprinkle the blackberries over top and then crumble.
• Pop this into the preheated oven and this will bake for 50/60 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
• Remove once baked and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
• Best served with a side of whipped cream, Ice-cream or custard.