500g chicken breasts
2 tbsp hot sauce
Spice bag seasoning
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp harissa spice
150g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp spice bag seasoning
4 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 red pepper
1/2 red onion
1 red chili
Oil for frying-i used vegetable oil
- Cut the chicken into strips and pour over the buttermilk and hot sauce, stir and pop into the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make the spice blend, simply mix all the different spices together. Set aside.
- Once your chicken is almost ready to be cooked, preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Cut your potatoes into wedges, put on a tray, drizzle with rapeseed oil, season and pop into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes. You can shake the tray up at the halfway mark to ensure they go crisp all over.
- Heat your fryer to 180C and to make the flour rub, mix the flour, baking powder and spice bag seasoning together.
- Using a fork, dredge the marinated chicken in the seasoned flour and set aside.
- Pop the floured chicken into the oil in small batches and cook until golden brown all over. Always ensure your chicken is cooked so if unsure you can put it into the oven to finish.
- In a separate pan, fry the onions, red pepper and chili (if using) until soft.
- To serve, place the chicken, potato and veggies into a bowl and add 1 tbsp (or more if desired) of spice bag seasoning and mix.
- Serve with a side of curry sauce and enjoy!