Glenilen Farm Summer Berry Yoghurt Tarts
125g caster sugar
1 medium egg
250g plain flour
500g Glenilen Natural Live Summer berry yoghurt
1 punnet strawberries
Edible flowers (optional)
• To make the sweet pastry, in a mixing bowl, cream the room temperature butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
• To this add the egg and vanilla, mix.
• Finally add in the flour and mix until a soft dough is reached.
• Wrap & chill the pastry for 30 minutes.
• Once rested, grease and dust 8 individual loose bottom tart tins. These tins are 10cm in diameter and 2cm deep.
• On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry and cut out 8 x 16cm discs. You may need to reroll the trimmings to get all discs of pastry.
• Line the tart tins and pop back into the fridge to rest for 10 minutes.
• Preheat your oven to 180C / 160C fan / 350F / Gas 4.
• Line the tart shells with parchment paper and baking beans and blind bake for 12 minutes, remove the beans and return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown all over.
• Remove and allow to cool.
• To serve, hull and slice the strawberries.
• Mix up the delicious Glenilen Summer berry yoghurt and spoon into the baked cases and top with sliced strawberries.
• All there’s left to do now is enjoy!