170g Kerrygold butter
170g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
2 orange juice & zest
10 cardamom pods
1 tsp ground cardamom
225g self raising flour
Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan.
1. Cream the butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Gradually add the eggs. Mix.
3. Add 1 orange zest and sieved self raising flour. Mix
4. Put into greased and dusted 2lb loaf tin.
5. Pop into the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 mins.
6. When baking, make the soaking liquid. Juice 2 oranges, crack the cardamom pods and pop i to a pot together and heat until warm and take off heat to infuse.
7. Once cake is baked, strain liquid and pour over warm cake.
8. Allow to cool in tin, remove & enjoy
You can find the full baking video over on my Instagram. Click the below link to watch.