4 egg whites
215g caster sugar
250ml cream (whipped)
• When making meringue, a few rules to follow. Ensure your eggs whites are fresh and at room temperature. Always use a clean dry bowl and whisk.
• Preheat your oven to 120C/100C Fan/ Gas 1/250F
• Take the bowl from your mixer and using the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites on full speed until stiff peak is reached.
• Gradually add the caster sugar until thick and glossy.
• Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spoon four pavlovas onto each tray.
• You don’t need to have the perfect shape, remember you want them to look homemade.
• Make a small indent in the center of each pavlova, this will hold the filling after its baked.
• Bake in the center of your oven for 1 hour. If you prefer a chewy pavlova you can take them out at this stage or if you like a crumbly meringue, turn the oven off and allow to cool completely inside.
• To assemble, spoon some semi whipped cream into the center and top with berries.