Carrot cake cookie sandwiches
125g brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
140g plain flour, sieved
130g porridge oats
3/4 tsp bread soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
100g grated carrot
50g pecans, chopped
Cream cheese buttercream
200g icing sugar
50g cream cheese
• For the cookies, preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan and line two trays with parchment paper.
• In a mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
• Mix until soft & creamy.
• To this add the flour, oats, bread soda, spices. Mix.
• Next, add the grated carrot, milk & pecans and mix until combined.
• Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
• Once rested, divide into 20 scoops and pop ten on each tray.
• Pop into the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
• Remove and allow to cool.
• For the buttercream, whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla together until soft and light in texture.
• To this add the cream cheese and fold through – don’t overmix.
• Pop the buttercream into a piping bag and pipe onto the base of ten of the cookies.
• Sandwich with the remaining half and simply enjoy!