Baked Blueberry Mascarpone Cheesecake
300g digestive biscuits
200g butter, melted
250g full fat cream cheese
140g caster sugar
1 lemon, juice & zest
3 medium eggs
350g fresh blueberries
• Preheat your oven to 160°C / 140°C Fan / 315°F / Gas 3.
• Line the base of a 20cm round, 6cm deep loose bottom baking tin with parchment paper and grease the base and sides.
• Blitz the biscuits until a fine crumb is reached.
• Add the melted butter and mix.
• Press this buttery crumb mix over the base and up the sides of the tin.
• Chill for 20 minutes.
• Place the cream cheese, mascarpone, caster sugar and lemon zest into a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
• Gradually add the eggs, one by one until incorporated.
• Add the lemon juice and mix.
• Finally add 250g of the fresh blueberries and mix through.
• Pour the cheesecake batter into the chilled lined tin & sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top.
• Place in the center of your pre-heated oven and bake for 50/60 minutes or until the filling is set but has a slight wobble in the center.
• Cool in the oven by leaving the door slightly open.
• Once cooled, place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
• Serve with a side of semi whipped cream.