Vanilla Chocolate Marble Cake
225g plain flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
125ml Lakeshore rapeseed oil
300g caster sugar
4 medium eggs
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150C fan and grease and dust a 2lb loaf tin, set aside.
- Add the eggs, Lakeshore rapeseed oil, caster sugar and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk and mix on high speed for 3-4 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt and with a spatula, mix.
- Add the 125ml of milk to this and mix.
- In a small bowl, blend the cocoa powder and 2 tsp of milk.
- Divide the cake batter in half, add the cocoa paste to one half and mix,
- Pour the vanilla and chocolate batters into the prepared tin at different stages.
- Run a butter knife through the cake to create a marble effect.
- Pop this into a preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.