Valentine’s baked chocolate raspberry tart
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Equipment: 1 x 10” round loose bottom tart tin (1.5” deep)
125g caster sugar
1 medium egg
dash vanilla extract
210g plain flour
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
500ml single cream
450g dark chocolate (55%)
3 medium eggs
250g fresh raspberries
- For the pastry,cream the room temperature butter in your Kenwood using the Kbeater attachment.
- Mix for five minutes until soft and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Finally, add in the sieved flour, cocoa and salt. Mix until you have a smooth pastry.
- Wrap and chill for 35/40 minutes.
- Grease and flour your tart tin and set aside.
- Once the pastry is rested, roll out on a floured work surface.
- Line the tart ring and trim off the edges.
- With the excess pastry, cut out some heart shaped biscuits and pop onto a lined tray and chill both for ten minutes.
- At this point, preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/Gas 4.
- Line the chilled tart with parchment and fill with baking beans and pop into the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- When this time is up, carefully remove the baking beans from the tart and pop back into the oven along with the heart biscuits and bake for a further 8 minutes.
- Once baked, remove both and allow to cool.
- Drop the oven temperature to 150C/130C fan/300F/Gas2.
- For the filling, heat the cream and pour over the chopped chocolate and allow it to sit for 5 minutes until the chocolate is melted – you can pop it into the microwave or over a pot of simmering water to speed up the process.
- To the melted chocolate and cream, add the whisked eggs and milk. Mix well.
- Pour this into the prebaked tart shell and pop back into the oven for 15/20minutes.
- The tart will still have a wobble to the centre but this will firm up once chilled.
- To serve, top with fresh raspberries and the heart biscuits. Best served at room temperature with a spoon of semi whipped cream.