I’m really excited to team up with Kenwood and we have some fabulous desserts lined up for you all.
Kicking off this exciting collaboration, I’ve made this delicious Orange thyme drizzle cake.
I used the Kenwood Chef XL to whip this up in no time.
Use code SHANE10 at checkout to receive 10% off Kenwood products from Kenwood
World (UK & NI only)
Upside down orange thyme drizzle cake
3 small oranges, sliced
170g soft butter
170g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
225g self raising flour
zest of 1 large orange
Juice of 2 large oranges
60g caster sugar
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tbsp marmalade to glaze
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150C Fan/325F/Gas 3
- Line a 8” loose bottom cake tin with grease proof, grease and dust.
- Slice the 3 small oranges and arrange these on the base of the cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and soft.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl to help mixing.
- Gradually add one egg at a time, making sure its fully mixed in before adding the next egg.
- Add the sieved flour and orange zest and mix until combined.
- Spoon this batter into the tin on top of the oranges and place in the center of the pre-heated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, to make the soaking liquid, juice the oranges and put this in a pot with the sugar and chopped thyme,
- Heat gently and then remove and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven, using a small knife, make small cuts in the sponge and pour over the strained soaking liquid and leave in the tin to cool.
- To serve, turn the cake out onto your serving plate and glaze with some warm marmalade.
- Perfect served with a spoon a semi whipped cream