This rustic, nutty plum and almond tart recipe is incredible. Buttery puff pastry, juicy plums, toasted almonds paired with the lightly spiced cinnamon cream are a match made in heaven.
- 500g puff pastry
- 8 medium plums
- 30g butter
- 30g caster sugar
- 30g ground almonds
- 40g plain flour
- 25g whole egg
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 300ml single cream
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- For the frangipane, cream the butter and sugar until smooth, crack one egg and whisk, add 25g of this to the butter and sugar. Keep the remaining egg back to use for egg wash.
- Once the egg is incorporated, add in the flour and ground almonds and mix to form a smooth paste.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- On a floured work surface, roll the puff pastry into a neat rectangle (20cm x 30cm)
- Place this on a lined baking tray and spread on the frangipan, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
- Cut the plums in half removing the stone and place these on top of the frangipan.
- Brush the edges with the remaining egg wash, sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the cinnamon cream, very simply whip the cream and cinnamon together until semi whipped and serve on the side.