Peanut butter & jelly cookies
Makes 12 cookies
125g Life Force crunchy peanut butter
100g caster sugar
100g brown sugar
1 medium egg
170g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bread soda
240g soft butter
125g Life Force smooth peanut butter
120g icing sugar
100g raspberry jam
50g salted peanuts
• For the cookie dough, in a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars and Life Force peanut butter until smooth.
• To this add the egg and mix.
• Add the flour, baking powder, bread soda and salt and mix until smooth.
• Cover and chill for 1 hour.
• Once rested, line two trays with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan.
• Divide dough into 12 balls and pop 6 on each tray, gently press the cookies down to slightly flatten.
• Dust a fork in flour and press into the top of the cookies to create a criss cross effect. (Optional)
• Place these into the preheated oven and bake for 14-15 minutes.
• Once baked, allow to cool on the trays for 5 minutes and then pop onto a wire rack to cool completely
• For the buttercream, in a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth and soft.
• Add the Life Force smooth peanut butter and mix through.
• Spoon the peanut buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
• Turn 6 cookies upside down and pipe a buttercream circle onto the center of all 6.
• Spoon some raspberry jam into the centre of the buttercream circle and sprinkle on the salted peanuts.
• Place the remaining 6 cookies on top to create a sandwich.
• Pop into the fridge to firm up for 10 minutes before tucking in.
Top Tip: Mix up the flavours and use the Life Force Almond butter instead