350g plain sponge
150g cream cheese
dash vanilla extract
500g white chocolate
1/2 tsp yellow food colouring paste
50g dark chocolate
20g orange fondant icing
- In a mixing bowl, break up the sponge to a fine crumb.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix to form a soft ball
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal sized balls and roll into an oblong shape and place on a tray and chill for 30 minutes.
- While these are chilling, melt your white chocolate and add the yellow food colouring paste and mix, take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a kitchen fork, dip the chilled cake into the chocolate tapping to remove the excess and position sitting upright on a lined tray.
- To finish decorating, add a wing on either side with the white chocolate.
- Use two small dots of the melted dark chocolate to resemble eyes.
- Taking the orange fondant icing and cut out tiny feet, a beak and a comb for the top of the chicks head. Use the white chocolate as glue to adhere these on.
- These can be made in advance and kept in the fridge until needed. There also great fun to make with the kids over the Easter break