200g digestive biscuit
1 tsp vanilla essence
60g chopped hazelnuts
30g unsweetened cocoa powder
50g caster sugar
70g desiccated coconut
230g icing sugar
20g custard powder
dash vanilla essence
150g dark chocolate
1 tbsp butter
- Grease and line a 9” square brownie tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- For the base, blitz the digestive and add to a large bowl.
- Blend the melted butter, sugar and cocoa.
- Add this to the biscuits along with the coconut, vanilla and chopped hazelnuts.
- Mix well and press into the base of the lined tin. Chill for 30 mins.
- For the filling, in a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- To this add the icing sugar, custard powder, vanilla & milk. Mix well.
- Spread this mix over the chilled chocolate coconut base.
- Chill for another 10-15 minutes.
- For the topping, add the chocolate and butter into a bowl and gently heat in the microwave until melted and combined.
- Allow to cool to room temperature as you don’t want it to melt the buttercream.
- Spread this over the chilled buttercream and pop back into the fridge for 10 minutes until the chocolate firms up.
- If you want to serve straight away, don’t leave it in the fridge too long as the chocolate can go too hard and will crack when cutting.
- If serving later on, remove 30 mins before cutting.