We all know and love a good jammie dodger biscuit, and if you’ve ever thought of making your own – well now you can! Try my easy recipe for jammie dodger biscuits which should yield 8 biscuits at a time.
Makes 8 biscuits
- 150g plain flour
- 100g cold butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Icing sugar to garnish
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs, add the icing sugar and combine but do not over mix.
- Finally add the vanilla and egg yolk and mix until a dough is formed.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 30minutes.
- Once rested, roll on a lightly floured work surface and cut out 16 circles. (8 tops & 8 bottoms) Using a small circle or heart cutter, remove a piece form the centre of 8 of the top cookies.
- Place these on a lined tray and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Place these in a preheated oven at 170C for 7-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Place on a wire rack and cool.
- Spread a nice even layer of jam onto the bottom cookie leaving a border and making sure when the top is added you only see the jam through the cut hole. Enjoy!!