600g chicken mince
3 garlic cloves, crushed
120g grated cheese (I used red cheddar)
3 tbsp chopped parsley
salt & pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
- Firstly, to make the Kiev filling, in a bowl mix the room temperature butter, chopped garlic, cheese and parsley together to form a stiff paste. Chill.
- For the chicken balls, in a bowl add the chicken mince, salt and pepper and 50g of your breadcrumbs and mix.
- Divide this into 12 balls and pop on a tray.
- Also divide the cheese filling into 12 balls.
- Using the back of a teaspoon make a small indent into the chicken ball and add in the cheese filling.
- Encase the cheese filling in the mince as we dont want it to leak out once it’s baked.
- To breadcrumb the filled balls, place the flour, eggs and remaining breadcrumbs into 3 seperate bowls. Roll the balls in flour, dip in the egg and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Heat your fryer to 180C and once hot, pop the Kiev balls into the oil and cook until golden brown, remove and finish cooking in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve straight away with a side of chips or salad or both.
- You can serve garlic butter or tomato sauce on the side.