900g chicken breast
80g natural yoghurt
6 garlic cloves, grated
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1.5 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp onion salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
2 small sweet red peppers
150g tomato puree
1 can coconut milk
Boiled rice & naan bread
- In a bowl, add the mixed dried spices and blend together.
- Dice the chicken breasts and pop into a bowl with the yoghurt and half of your spice mix. Mix through, cover and pop into the fridge for 15-20minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the vegetables, slice the onion and peppers, grate the garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large pan, add the oil and when hot begin to fry off the marinated chicken pieces until brown all over and remove from the pan.
- Once the chicken is sealed and resting, add the onions to the pan and reduce the heat and cook slowly until soft.
- To the soft onions, add the peppers, ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining spice blend and melted butter and cook for another 5 minutes.
- To this add the tomato puree, coconut milk and gently heat.
- Once the coconut is dissolved add the water and cook for ten minutes.
- Check for seasoning. Add salt & pepper if needed.
- Add the seared chicken back into the sauce with their juices and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Finish with chopped fresh coriander and serve straight away with your rice and naan breads.