- 4 slices of old brioche
- 100g cream cheese
- 50g raspberry jam
- seasonal berries
- 2 medium eggs
- 80ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl and pour into a deep dish
- Using day old brioche, spread one slice with cream cheese the other slice with raspberry jam. You can put some sliced strawberries or berries on top of the jam and sandwich them together.
- Place both the brioche sandwiches into the egg mixture and allow to sit for one minute on each side to soak up the liquid.
- Place a medium sized pan on the heat and add some oil and a little butter. Once the butter is melted and starting to bubble, carefully place both sandwiched on the pan and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
Tip: If the brioche bread is cut very thick, feel free to colour on the pan and finish in a hot oven for 5 minutes!