Baked lemon & blackberry cheesecake
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
300g digestive biscuits
200g butter, melted
250g full fat cream cheese
140g caster sugar
1 lemon, zested
3 medium eggs
2 lemons, juiced
3 punnets fresh blackberries (375g)
Edible flowers (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C / 140°C Fan / 315°F / Gas 3.
- Line the base of a 6cm deep, 20cm round loose bottom baking tin with parchment paper and grease the base and sides.
- Place the biscuits into the Kenwood food processor and blitz until a fine crumb is reached.
- Add the melted butter and mix.
- Press this buttery crumb mix over the base and up the sides of the tin.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese, mascarpone, caster sugar and lemon zest into the mixing bowl of your Kenwood and fitted with the K-beater, mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Gradually add the eggs, one by one until incorporated.
- Finally, scrape down the mix in the bowl and add the lemon juice and mix for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the chilled lined tin.
- Place in the center of your pre-heated oven and bake for 50/60 minutes or until the filling is set but has a slight wobble in the center.
- Cool in the oven by leaving the door slightly open.
- Once cooled, place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To serve, top with fresh blackberries, edible flowers and a side of semi whipped cream.